ERAS® — the Electronic Residency Application Service — is a service that transmits residency applications, letters of recommendation, Dean’s Letters/MSPE, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from applicants and medical schools to fellowship, osteopathic internship and residency programs, to include:
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE Scores: Please note that applicants must take the USMLE exams and must successfully pass Steps 1 and 2 (both CK and CS/PE if DO) prior to the NRMP Rank Order List Deadline. Osteopathic candidates may substitute COMLEX scores in place of USMLE scores. Minimum COMLEX score cut off is 500 for both Step 1 and Step 2.
Additional requirements for International Medical Graduates:
- J-1 Visa only.
- Valid ECFMG certificate, must be obtained by January 31.
- Clinical experience within United States is preferred.
- No more than 2 years post graduation from medical school, or, where applicable, 2 years out of residency training.
- USMLE step 1 and step 2 CK score of 220 or higher (3-digit score), must have passed on first attempt.