ERAS® — the Electronic Residency Application Service — is a service that transmits residency applications, letters of recommendation, Dean’s Letters/MSPE, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from applicants and medical schools to fellowship, osteopathic internship and residency programs, to include:
Program NRMP code: 1824120C1
The University of Florida Emerald Coast Family Medicine Residency participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The program’s NRMP code is 1824120C1. Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Please do not submit any application materials directly to the Program, Program Director, or Program Coordinator.
Minimum Program Requirements are set by our sponsoring institution, University of Florida College of Medicine. Any acceptance to the program is contingent upon successful completion of medical school and other regulatory requirements.
For the 2024-25 Academic Year, we are only filling PGY-1 positions. We may accept PGY-2 applicants in the future.
To be considered for selection to the program, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited medical school within the past 4 years.
- If not currently enrolled in medical school, you must have been employed in a clinical medicine position for at least 6 of the past 12 months in the US or a healthcare system similar to the US. Time spent in observerships or research does not count as clinical medicine.
- Passed USMLE Step 1 OR COMLEX Level 1.
- Passed USMLE Step 2 CK & CS or COMLEX Level 2 no later than January 15th.
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess a Permanent Resident card or a J-1 visa.
- Hold a valid ECFMG certificate at the time of application (if applicable).
- Read, write, and speak fluent English.
ERAS applications to the program must include:
- Curriculum Vitae (please account for all of your time away from educational programs or employment)
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 must be from clinical preceptors and at least 1 must be from a family physician)
- Medical school transcript
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
- Official USMLE or COMLEX transcript
The Selection Committee will review all completed applications. Applicants chosen for interviews will be notified by email through ERAS. The program intends to conduct in person interviews between October and December.
The University of Florida Emerald Coast Family Medicine Residency Program is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. All qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, gender or age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.